- City & Services
- Business & Services
Six local schools have winners in 13th Police District's National Child Abuse Prevention Month art competition
In recognition of April being National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the 13th Police District's CAPS office reached out to local schools with the challenge of creating art work that depicted "A happy family is."
Chosen by 13th Police Commander Frank Gross, three winners were select in 8 classes from 6 schools in our area. The schools and their winners are:
Chopin School, 2450 W. Rice St.
- 4th Grade: Maria Deleon, Leilani Gonzalez and Ashley Roman
- 5th Grade: Jocelyn Delgado, Cyan Torrentt and Wendy Patino
Dett School, 2306 W. Maypole Ave.
- Ernest Lasendey, Jada Hunt and Latange Johnson
LaFayette School, 2714 W. Augusta Blvd.
- Amy Romero, Nafie Williams and Alexis Quintanilla
LaSalle School, 1148 N. Honore St.
- 4th Grade: Cecilia Delgado, Lincoln Becker and Ingrid Gonzalez
- 5th Grade: Dionne Beals, Tayvia Ridgeway and Edgar May
Mitchell School, 2233 W. Ohio St.
- Tandi Weeks and James Cuevas
Peabody School, 1444 W. Augusta Blvd.
Created in 1983 by a Presidential Proclamation, Child Abuse Prevention Month acknowledges the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse. President Barack Obama's 2012 Proclamation.
- Juan Gonzalez, Anna Esmael and Jonathan Escobedo
Get Email Updates
Crime Stats & CAPS Beats
- 12th Police District - CLICK
Not Available Larceny 0 Motor Veh Theft 0 Burglary 0 Robbery 0 Aggrav. Assault 0 Aggrav. Battery 0 Homicides 0 Criminal Sex Assault 0 Arson 0
- 14th Police District - CLICK
APR 4 -17: Larceny 24 Motor Veh Theft 10 Burglary 19 Robbery 7 Aggrav. Assault 2 Aggrav. Battery 3 Homicides 1 Criminal Sex Assault 0 Arson 3
- CAPS Beats
07/06/2013 - 11:00am - 8:00pm
07/07/2013 - 12:00pm - 5:00pm